Are you looking for a solution to control users’ behaviors how to use software application e.g. stop the media player, stop the BT program, stop the FTP program, stop the IM applications?
Here we are going to show you how easy to set an application policy to stop some applications using IP-guard Console.
- From the Application Policy panel (Policies->Application), click the button to new a Application Policy
- In the Properties panel, input a policy name e.g. Block all non-productive applications
Figure 1 Application Policy Main Panel
- In the Application Setting windows, click the button to open the Application Classes/Categories windows (see Figure 2)
Figure 2 Open Application Classes/Categories window
Figure 3a Application Classes/Categories window
Figure 3b Application Setting window
- Clickthe button in the Application Policy panel to save the policy and apply it immediately.
Figure 4 Save Application Policy
- To test the policy effect, try to open the Game application.
Figure 5a User Warning Message
Figure 5b IP-guard Console Alert Message